Sunday 13 March 2011

Illustration Friday: Warning





Wanting to continue experimenting with sewing i decided to try to create a sewn image of a lighthouse. I had this as the lighthouse sends out a warning light to ships/boats to guide them into the harbour and to stop them hitting rocks or from hitting unsuspected shallow tides.


the second photo is to show what stitching i had actually used and the use of different threads.
After having my work looked at in a group critique i now know what what improvements i can possibly make to my work. These being to create more darkness in my stitching as with my use of light my lighthouse didn't show up to well at the bottom. Also when using my lighting i could have also put paper behind to direct my light in line with the actual warning light i had stitched instead of creating a large piece of lighting at the top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great use of lighting and stitching. Keep up the great work.