Sunday 27 March 2011

IF: Cultivate

Originally i had planned to create an image with tools used to cultivate. However after trying this idea i didn't think it worked well enough to enter it as this weeks illustration Friday. I then looked into how we 'cultivate' relationships. So i decided to combine practicing my life drawing skills. I also came across a song by Passion Pit which had the lyrics 'Let our love grow tall.' I felt this fit the definition of cultivate so i also included this into my final piece. I created the final piece by first sketching the couple out, i then used a 0.8 graphics pen to begin shading the hair as well as creating an outline for the rest of the image. I cut up newspapers to create the lyrics 'Let our love grow tall.' which i then stitched to my page. The image looked a little bland in just graphics pen so i decided to add paint. This shows step by step stages of the image before the final image i had entered.














No comments: